Wednesday 5 January 2011

What could go wrong?

So the time has come for me to start writing a blog..

To be honest, I am not quite sure what I want this to be, I don't just want to make this into another rant at society, neither do I want to fill this with the kind of crap you hear most entrepreneurs blurt out, about how difficult life is, and little snippets of gold like how contacts are key, oh and by the way.. do you realise how much better I am than you.. hmmm average person??

Ok, so as you can tell, I am prone to rant, its not my fault, I think its down to a predisposition to look at the world from another angle, the one where you see the reasons behind peoples actions, not necessarily the actions they make... it makes for interesting revelations..

On New Years Eve I was waiting in the que to a club in Newcastle, when I got ushered to the front by a friend of mine who knows the manager (or atleast some sort of person involved with the bins.. ) anyway they got me in pretty dam fast so i stuck out my hand in a congratulatory kind of way to be reassured with the phrase.. "thats what you get when you have my contacts"..

Brilliant.. thanks.. everyone else now thinks your the man.. but did you have to do it with the yes i am a god smile and the you will never be able to have my contacts attitude??

I think what I am trying to say is that I don't like this modern craze of having to be the alpha dog.. personally I am quite happy getting all my mates in the front door to massage their egos and then entering through the back door to avoid anyone noticing..

In case you haven't guessed...I just don't buy into the image generation..yes I want to make money.. yes I want to be successful, but I don't want to do it for everyone else's praise.. I do it for me..and thats not me being selfish either.. I help people, because it makes me happy, not because it makes other people want to deal with me..

Am I a contradiction to the modern entrepreneur image? I don't buy flash suits just for a night out (why can't we wear our best clothes to work?) or buy bottles of champagne because it looks cool.. most people do it to give off the image they are something better than they are.. and thats just not me.. I don't want to be anyone else..

I am me..

No comments:

Post a Comment